structural engineer position, edinburgh
We’re looking for committed candidates with 3+ years of UK structural engineering experience.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- a grasp of basic structural engineering principles: load paths, elastic theory, plastic behaviour, ductility, stiffness
- ability to explore design options, followed by expressing the outcomes in clear sketches and calculations to Eurocodes
- familiarity with computer-based design (ideally Masterseries)
- a working knowledge of how buildings are assembled in the UK
- a client-focused and positive, responsive attitude
- an awareness of design certification under the SER Ltd scheme in Scotland
The position is Edinburgh-based. Software training will be provided to the successful candidate but a degree of computer literacy is expected.
Pay rate is competitive and we offer an excellent company pension, flexible working hours, paid leave for charity work, a healthy lifestyle expenses scheme and Cyclescheme participation for permanent staff.
Applications are welcome from people for whom childcare, or preference, limits the length of the working day or week
CV and covering letter by post or email to our Edinburgh Office, see contacts page.