structural engineer position, edinburgh
We’re looking for committed candidates with 1+ years of UK structural engineering experience, to work on steel design and general engineering projects
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- a grasp of basic structural engineering principles: load paths, elastic theory, basic plastic behaviour, stiffness
- ability to explore basic design options and express the outcomes in sketches
- some experience with computer-based design
- basic knowledge of how buildings are assembled
- a positive, responsive attitude
- alignment with AED company values
The position is Edinburgh-based. Training will be provided to the successful candidate but a degree of computer literacy is expected.
Pay rate is competitive and we offer an excellent company pension, flexible working hours, paid leave for charity work, a healthy lifestyle expenses scheme and Cyclescheme participation for permanent staff.
Applications are welcome from people for whom childcare, or preference, limits the length of the working day or week
CV and covering letter by post or email to our Edinburgh Office, see contacts page.